Sunday, August 24, 2014

10 books that stayed with you






Every now and then it comes around again on facebook, the request for a list of ten books that you remember.  This morning there it was again, this time from an author I respect and enjoy, Clint Brill Author of Pure Control



He wrote on facebook
"In your status, list 10 books that stayed with you in some way. Don't think too hard. They don't have to be the "right" books or great books of literature, just ones that affected you in some way. Tag 10 friends, including me, so I can see your list.
Here's my list:
1. Bio of a Space Tyrant: Mercenary by Piers Anthony
2. For Love of Evil by Piers Anthony
3. The Lock Artist by Steve Hamilton
4. Storming Heaven by Kyle Mills
5. Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks
6. Icebound by Dean Koontz
7. Swan Song by Robert R. McCammon
8. Mine by Robert R. McCammon
9. Bronze Star by Donald E. Zlotnik
10.Lord of the Flies by William Golding"

So I am including my list on facebook but decided that it was a good subject for an update here as well

Ten books that remain with me
1.  Ingathering: The complete People Stories by Zenna Henderson
2. Harry Potter (well of Course) and since they basically go without saying I'll do a 2 series for one and throw in the Narnia books as well
3. Ghost Boy by Iain Lawrence
4.  Mere Mortals by Neil Ravin
5. Christy by Catherine Marshall
6. Somebody Else's kids (or any other book about her teaching Sp. Ed) by Torey Hayden
7.  The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
8.  Trixie Belden (all  my Jr. high days one of this series was with me)
9. Look out for Pirates by Iris Vinton
for teaching me to love adventures and to solve problems with brainpower  
and last but most important to little ole me
10. All the books I write which would never have come into being without all the books I read or had read to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment