Sunday, January 17, 2010

Why I love, Where I live.









I promised myself that I would write a post here, at least once a week, but like most resolutions, I have not managed to keep up on that. I am sorry, but instead of beating myself up over the lapse, I will just do what Flylady.com suggests and tell myself "You are not behind. Just jump in where you are. Baby Steps."


The reason why I moved to Crescent City, CA after growing up in Wyoming, is that it has so many of the things I loved about Wyoming. Yet it doesn't have the baking heat and the far below freezing cold. As a redhead, I have always been heat sensitive, and the massive amount of overcast, rain and fog we get here, suits redheads the way that it suits redwoods. I do miss the snow at times, but I can drive to it in 40 minutes or less in the winter.

Here, I have the Pacific, the forest, the Mountains, and a small enough town that I never go to the store without being stopped by conversation in almost every aisle. The world has many beautiful places, and I have lived in some of the best, but I want to share some pictures that may show you why, this is the one place that always calls to me when I have to be away, and the home where I always return.

Happy, Happy 2010.

Dixie/Echo

1 comment:

  1. Such sweet photos! They remind me of all the wonderful camping trips we took with our kids when they were little.

    ReplyDelete