Monday, August 23, 2010

Getting up the Nerve & self-publishing

I have been working on this novel, and the following one, which I call, "Duffy Barkley: Seek Well" since my own children were 7 and 8. Now they are close to graduating from High school, and until today I have not been brave enough to offer my story to more than a few friends and family members, and that was as 280 loose pages of copier paper in a gallon zip-lock bag.

Today, flylady, one of my heroes, challenged us to an anti-procrastination week. I looked back at the novel I finally finished during National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and the free proof copy that CreateSpace offered to all of those who actually wrote a November Novel. Then, with shaking hands and barely able to breathe, I pressed the mouse over the Publish button.

So now, here it is, the book that justifies all those time I called myself a writer.

https://www.createspace.com/3450238


I hope that some of you will read my story and enjoy it even a fraction as much as I enjoyed writing it. I hope that a few will recommend it to a friend or teacher or librarian, or mention it on Facebook or MySpace. But if that never happens, I have already had the best part of writing it.

The best part for me, was taking a long road trip with my family, and reading it out loud to my husband and my boys, and realizing that it read like a real book, and that they loved it. After that, everything else is gravy, or in my world, Hot fudge Sauce.

Thank you, at least, for reading this post.

Echo AKA Dixie Dawn Miller Goode

No comments:

Post a Comment