Thursday, August 26, 2010

On my Book Shelf, or stacked somewhere in my house.

Now that I took the terrifying step of Self-publishing, I have to admit that my love of books has shaped my entire life. Sometimes I wouldn't be able to remember a book except for the things that were happening in my real life as I read it, other times, I would have forgotten that I ever went somewhere except that I remember being there while reading a certain book.

Of course the book I wrote draws from my real life, near Yellowstone and my Trip to Guatemala, and raising my sons; it also draws heavily from my imagination, which was formed in large amount, by the books I read and the stories I was told. You can find, Duffy Barkley is Not a Dog, here https://www.createspace.com/3450238

Here I want to share with you the books I could never share with you in real life. the ones I will recommend but never lend because I read them again and smile just seeing them on the shelf. My shelves are like a facebook re-union with old friends and classmates, and there is where I go when I miss the adventures we shared and the times I fell in love, or died, or was brave, or solved the unsolvable mystery.

To share my friends and many lives, visit these titles.

Johnny Tremain, a 1943 children's novel by Esther Forbes

The Chronicles of Narnia is a series of seven fantasy novels for children written by C. S. Lewis

Trixie Belden is a series of 'girl detective' mysteries written between 1948 and 1986

My Side of the Mountain is a 1959 book of fiction by Jean Craighead George

The Diddakoi by Rumer Godden

The Ghost of Dibble Hollow by May Nickerson Wallace.

Pippi Longstocking by Swedish author Astrid Lindgren

My sons introduced me to Ghost Boy by Iain Lawrence and his other books are great too.

Sensible Kate by Doris Gates.

Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink




and for younger kids, I adored Look out for pirates! by Iris Vinton

and still take it to read to classes of children who also love it.

and they also love Abiyoyo and Abiyoyo Return's

and so will you no matter what age you are as long as you try to sing his name.



No comments:

Post a Comment